Update June 23rd 2020
FLIGHTS RESUMING JULY 3RD
In line with current government restrictions and guidelines, we have made some changes to ensure that we are all COVID Safe. Please take a moment to read through the following details for your flight and please be sure you and all members of your flight party understand your obligations before arriving for your flight.
What we are doing to ensure your safety:
• All our team members have undertaken the COVID-19 Infection Control training provided by the Australian Government Department of Health.
• The WA Government has advised that charter vessels including boats, tour buses, scenic flights and skydiving flights do not need to comply with the two square metre per person rule, consistent with other transport.
• We ask that, when not in the balloon, you abide by the physical distancing recommendations of 1.5 metres.
• Windward is undertaking regular cleaning of all touch points and equipment in accordance with guidance from Safe Work Australia and public health authorities.
• All Windward staff have downloaded the COVID-19 Safe App to ensure that contact tracing is possible.
• Alcohol based hand sanitizer will be available to you upon arrival as well as onboard our vehicles.
• We will provide masks which you are welcome to wear throughout you morning, should you so wish.
• Should you feel unwell in the days before your flight please call our office (08) 9621 2000 and speak with one of our team members about postponing your flight.
• Should you feel unwell on the morning of your flight, we ask that you please do not arrive for your flight. You MUST call or text our afterhours number 0417 906 281 to advise that you will not be able to arrive for your flight. You will also need to provide a Doctor Certificate to advise that you are unfit to fly. Failure to advise cancellation and supply doctor certificate will result in the cancellation of your ticket and you will not be able to rebook.
• You will receive your flight check-in link the afternoon prior to your flight. Each member of your flight party will need to follow this link and complete the check-in process prior to arriving for your flight. Please contact our office if you do not receive your link.
• Contactless temperatures of all passengers will be taken upon arrival. Should your temperature be 38.0 or higher you will not be able to undertake your flight but will be able to reschedule for a later date.
• We ask that all passengers adhere to all social distancing and hygiene safety guidelines throughout your morning with us.
• Masks will be made available for you. You may be asked to wear a mask and/or gloves throughout the morning, including during the bus transfers and /or balloon flight or interactions with other passengers or staff.
• Hand sanitizer will be made available to you to use throughout the morning, but please be aware that for safety reasons, hand sanitizer is not able to be carried onboard the balloon as due to its flammable nature it is classed as a dangerous good which are prohibited on Australian Aircraft.
• We highly recommend that all passengers download the Australian Government COVID-19 Safe Ap before attending their flight. The COVID-19 Safe App can be downloaded here: https://www.health.gov.au/resources/apps-and-tools/covidsafe-app
• Your risk of serious illness from COVID-19 increases if you are:
– Aged 70 years or over
– Aged 65 years or over and have a chronic medical condition
– An Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander person aged 50 years and over who has a chronic
– Immune suppressed
We recommend that you postpone your flight if you fall in to any of these categories.
• Windward staff will not able to provide assistance to passengers accessing and disembarking the basket so please consider postponing your flight if you feel you will need assistance in accessing or disembarking that the basket.
We hope that you understand the need to these measures in the current COVID-19 environment. If you are not comfortable with any of these measures, we ask that you contact our Bookings Office immediately so that we can postpone your flight. We appreciate your compliance with these measures and thank you for your understanding.
For a copy of our COVID-19 Safety Plan please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Gift Certificates valid for 3 years are able to be purchased by ordering online Order Here or calling our bookings office: (08) 9621 2000.